Demacia Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some things that have been on my mind.

5 posters

Go down

Some things that have been on my mind. Empty Some things that have been on my mind.

Post  rab Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:35 pm

Let me preface this by saying I used to be part of a top tier WoW raiding guild, and I'm not advocating we become one - I like having a life and raiding casually. However, there are several things that those guilds do which makes them as good as they are, and there's no reason we shouldn't pick up on them.

I'll divide this post into things I consider:
"must haves" - there is ZERO reason we shouldn't be doing these. If we ever want to clear a 20man we need to fix these issues. The really should go without saying
"nice to haves" - again, no reason not to do these, but being casual and whatnot - I put them in a different category
"luxuries" - if you do them, great!

Must haves:
- Repair before every raid. This is like pissing before a road trip, just do it. Speaking of which, go piss before the raid.
- Keep vent/dolby clear of chit-chat during boss fights. I don't see a problem with people goofing around on the trash, but when we're wiping on bosses and I can't hear raid leader instructions because someone is yelling "Ouch!" "Oh my god!" or "Tornado is chasing me!" there is a problem.

- Bard buffs: call when/where/how you're gonna do buffs. If someone misses it, tough shit. It gets REALLY annoying having to wait 5 minutes every boss for bard buffs alone.

Nice to haves:
- Read up on new bosses we're trying for the first time
- If we have a boss on farm status and you're new to the guild, go and read up on it. Otherwise you're making 9 other people wait for 5 minutes while we explain it to you. I was torn as to whether or not this should be in "must haves."
- I've heard Woot/Nunu/Ben call for bathroom breaks on some of our longer runs. Make sure you go when this is called so you don't have to make people wait later.

Luxuries:
- Come fully buffed: weaponstones, flasks, potions, bottles, etc.
- Get yourself some planar charges before raid for planar protection/medic

So...
What do you guys think? Are you with me? Is this too much? Did I forget something?

rab

Back to top Go down

Some things that have been on my mind. Empty Re: Some things that have been on my mind.

Post  Shirley Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:37 pm

Agree completely with everything you wrote.

Shirley

Back to top Go down

Some things that have been on my mind. Empty Re: Some things that have been on my mind.

Post  Johnnythree Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:43 pm

Mark and me were also in a top wow guild so he can probably add some things as well but i think you should put flasks/foods/pots under must-haves, or atleast nice to haves. For me I get an extra 42ish ap and 35 crit using cupcakes and green quality flask (very cheap btw)
There are other things I can think of but in my opinion aren't needed because they will push the guild to the elitist catagory, and Id prefer to stay in the category we are in...Super O.G. BAMF's Wink

Johnnythree

Back to top Go down

Post  Crashdev Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:24 pm

I like this. Quite a bit. It basically is a listing of everything I've been thinking with our raids, but well organized and placed out in the correct form to address it to the guild. Props/thanks to Rab.

I'd add one thing to "Needs", along with clearing vent during bosses, we need PTT a MUST.

Crashdev

Back to top Go down

Post  Sezy Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:15 pm

I was actually a main healer in a top 40 WoW US guild for about 2 years, and I do agree on everything you said. I am new to the raiding in this game and do not really have the schedule to go hard core anymore. So i do like the fact that it is casual. Only thing is I put a lot of emphasis on signing up for raids, especially if your new. Because If you get into a raid on short notice there really is no time to go read up starts for boss fights.

Sezy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum